Reading digital theses in the closed network of the Aalto University Harald Herlin Learning Centre
In the closed network of Learning Centre you can read digital and digitized theses not available in the open network.
The Learning Centre contact details and opening hours: https://learningcentre.aalto.fi/en/harald-herlin-learning-centre/
You can read theses on the Learning Centre customer computers, which are available on all floors.
Logging on to the customer computers
- Aalto University staff members log on to the customer computer using the Aalto username and password.
- Other customers log on using a shared username and password.
Opening a thesis
- On the desktop of the customer computers, you will find an icon titled:
Aalto Thesis Database
- Click on the icon to search for and open the thesis you are looking for from Aaltodoc database. You can find the thesis file by clicking the link on the OEV or OEVS field.
Reading the thesis
- You can either print the thesis or read it on the customer computer screen.
- You cannot save the thesis file on a flash drive or email it.
- You cannot copy text or images from the file.
- You cannot edit the file.
Printing the thesis
- You can print the thesis for your personal study or research use.
- Aalto University students and staff members may print black-and-white prints on the PrintingPoint devices when using the computer with personal Aalto username and password. Color printing is possible using the printer u90203-psc3, which is located near the customer service. Color printing is subject to a charge to Aalto University students and staff members.
- Other customers can use the printer u90203-psc3. All printing is subject to a charge to non-University members.